FREE One Word Blog Button Template — Please READ carefully! #OneWord #OneWord365

My favorite time of year is Christmas and New Year’s. I love the hope of Christmas combined with the clean, fresh start we all get on January 1. It’s a time of optimism and possibility — a whole new year to accomplish new goals and to make changes!

I also LOVE to read about your “one word” choices as you start the year. The past couple of years, I have offered to make free one word buttons, and I have been so blessed by reading your stories and learning about how God is working through your lives!

This year, I would love to do the same, but after last year’s almost 500 free buttons (whew!) I have realized I need to scale back a bit.

Ah, last January… it’s a blur of Facebook requests, email messages, one word’s flying everywhere! I loved it! I felt like I couldn’t even go to the grocery store without someone running over to share their “one word” — LOVED it!!!! You all are the greatest and inspire me like crazy!

Last year, I matched each button up to the blog design and provided the free blog buttons in two different sizes. This process is easy, but does take time to visit the blogs/get the colors/create the button/email/save the buttons, etc. Then, if someone changed their word (which is completely fine!) later in the year, or wanted to match a new blog design… the number of buttons double. I think I was still getting requests in October. Whew!

For 2014, I had really wanted to find two or three blog designers to help me make free buttons like the past two years, so we could split up the work. I asked far and wide, but alas, no one answered the call. I almost didn’t offer the buttons, but then last week I had an idea! I hope it will work for everyone!

I love y’all, but I just had to streamline this year. I really hope you will understand!

SO…………. there are some changes this year — please read carefully!

I am in the middle of building a home / selling a home so my “free time” has basically disappeared. Instead of hand-making each individual “one word” button to match each blog design, I am streamlining the process a bit this year. I have come up with a really cute chalkboard “one word” button template that you can download and use as a starting point for your own one word button.

Here is the FREE One Word button template: (right-click and save it off to your computer)

OneWord2014BLANK

IMPORTANT: After saving the blank template above off to your computer, you can add your own custom “one word” to it by going to PicMonkey and following the instructions below:

1. Click “Edit a photo”
  2. Browse to the image you saved off from above
  3. Click “OK” to open it in PicMonkey
  4. On the left-hand side, you’ll see different options for how to edit the photo. Click the one for text (it looks like “Tt“).
  5. That will open a large selection of fonts. Simply select the font you would like and click “Add Text”.
  6. Click in the textbox that opens on your image — you can change the font type, size, color, drag the text around, etc. Just play with it — it’s easy and fun! You don’t have to stay with white. You could make your image match your blog design!

Here are some ideas to inspire you:

OneWord2014Sample

OneWord2014Love OneWord2014Pray OneWord2014Surrender

If you are frustrated with PicMonkey and need help, don’t despair!

If you try PicMonkey, and are totally lost, please email me and I will create a button for you. This year, I am saving up to purchase Michael Hyatt’s new course “Best Year Ever” about goal-setting. May I humbly ask that you would prayerfully consider donating $1 using the button below if you would like for me to custom make your button for you? I figure if 100 people ask, and all donate $1 each, I can purchase the course! (Then, I can share here what I learn so it’s a win-win for you!)

HOWEVER, if you cannot donate $1, please know I understand, and I am not checking for payment before making a button for you. It’s a totally voluntary donation, and if you are frustrated with PicMonkey, please email me your word and URL, and I will make one for you.

May you be richly blessed in 2014!

I’m so blessed by each of you. I don’t often get to respond to each comment that comes in, but I do read every single one of them. The comments that came in on the post about “Quitting my blog…” were overwhelming. I honestly sat at my computer with tears streaming because of your expressions of love.

I am praying that 2014 will be the “best year ever” for you! Thank you for visiting here and for your kindness. I am overwhelmingly blessed by each of you!

What is your “One Word” this year? Is it a surprise or are you sharing it early?

A big thanks to Star Sunflower Studio for providing the graphic elements!

Comments

1. says

Melanie, Thank you so much for my past two years of blog buttons and your amazingly gracious spirit! I actually have decided not to choose one word this year. Let’s just say God is laying other things on my heart and I am listening.

Congratulations on your new blogging business (well kind of new, right?)
    I visited the site that you are working with as I was hoping to make some changes to my Blog. But I will have to wait it out until I am earning an income myself.

Wishing you the best in you home building endeavor, and a Happy Holiday season all the way through! May it be blessed, bright and beautiful. THank you for graciously sharing all of You with all of us! In His Grace, Dawn

2. says

Thank you so much for organizing this, I think this is the perfect way to continue your gift without so much work. I really really appreciate this. you are great!

3. Lisa G says

Thank you so much Melanie!! I just made mine on Picmonkey. My one word is Presence. Merry Christmas!!!

4. Beth Beutler says

Thanks for providing it this way. I too agree it was a perfect way to still provide without stressing yourself unnecessarily. I think my word may be HOPE this year as I launch a new blog for HOPE Unlimited and also consider the meaning of the word on personal levels.

5. says

Melanie, I LOVE the way you are sharing blog buttons this year! It frees up time for you, it’s customizable for us. Win-win! Thanks so much!

6. says

Hi Melanie,
    Just found you today! Hope you are having an awesome Christmas! I have already picked my One Word for 2014: Present. I will be present in every area of my life.

7. says

Thank you so much! I love your work, your blog, your faith, your everything! You inspired me two years in a row (2014 will be the 3rd!) to look beyond the busy-ness of life and focus a small bit on me and my comings and goings in this world :) Bless you and all that you do!

8. says

Hi Melanie. Thank you SOOO MUCH for making this template! I was one who requested late last year (July I think), and I so appreciated having that little button on my blog to remind me to be faithful to God through the remainder of the year. I had chosen surrender as my word for 2014, but then God laid on my heart this morning to focus on obedience instead–similar, but so different so many ways. I love that if I should happen to change my mind, I can make a new button. :-) I pray that you have a blessed 2014. Good luck selling your house.

9. says

Great idea with the template!!! I was so excited when I saw your email announcing the One Word event again! Thanks for all you do! Good luck with selling & buying! Now off to brainstorm my word of the year! :)

10. says

This certainly makes sense! I appreciate the tutorial and I’m heading over to Pic Monkey now. Thank you so much.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

11. says

Thank you for the template! I’ve made my button — and my word for 2014 is “FREE”. :D

Wishing everyone a blessed new year & much success!

And, Melanie — wishing you and your family all the best with the new house! I know it can be stressful in the building process, but just remember the joy you’ll have when all is said & done. ;)

12. says

Thanks Melanie! You have been a blessing the past fee years making these buttons! I will go ahead and do mine and some for my women’s group!

13. says

Yay. I have been waiting for this post ever since my word for 2014 found me. Love the chalkboard. Heading to PicMonkey. Thanks so much for all you have done. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

14. says

Hi Melanie, great idea. I am considering this and I have an idea or two of my own. Will check out which one appeals to me more when I’m playing around with it. Thanks for all your hard work doing this. I know it can be very taxing and time consuming. I pray the year ahead is very blessed.
    God bless
    Tracy

• says

Melanie, I’ve just been playing with the template you offered and messed abit with my idea. Yours is WAY better. Thanks for this great idea. God bless
      Tracy

15. says

Thanks so much, Melanie!! You are a doll and one smart cookie for thinking to do it this way! I have decided this year will be all about “intention”. I’ve got my cute little button all ready. I think I’ll have it photo printed as an 8×10 to frame and have in front of me again this year. Here’s my link so you can see what I did with it. http://www.amylearns.com/2013/12/my-one-word-365-2014-edition.html

Hugs and prayers as you finish up that house. I hope to get to see it. :)

16. says

I put my chalkboard “one word” sign on a blog post at Back Porchervations and added a link to this post so folks could come and get their own! U ROCK! :O)

17. says

Thanks SO much for doing all the hard work so that we can all benefit. I successfully created my button and I was so happy that I decided to make a paypal donation anyway because what you’ve already done is such a huge help to so many of us. Hope you get to go to your goal setting course and that you’ll share with us all that you’re learning.

Trackbacks